Another Stupid Gringa

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Candyland




I've calculated that, on average, I play CandyLand around 25 times a week, or 100 times a month. If you have never had the opportunity to play and wonder what else I could possibly have time for at my job, let me assure you that Candyland is not as time consuming as say, Trivial Pursuit, and I've found it's possible to play up to 5 or 6 times in one session!

Although you might think Candyland is a fairly straightforward game, my kids have often surprised me with their alternative rules. One third grader likes us to use all four figures (2 teams of 2). If his team approaches the finish line first, he passes on his turns and allows me to continue. The first time he instituted these "rules," I wondered why and he answered,"I'm waiting for you so we can finish together." Perhaps a diplomatic future awaits--"there has to be a way for both the insurgents and the new Iraqi government to be happy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home